Did you know that by getting a water softener installed in your house, you can improve the quality of your water? And what even is “hard” water?
Water Softener Installation Folsom CA
Water Softener: Softer Clothes, Cleaner Dishes, Healthier Water Pipes - Folsom CA
Water hardness is a measure of the dissolved minerals in your water.
- The earth is comprised of minerals, such as calcium and magnesium, and tiny pieces of elements when rainwater seeps underground and enters an aquifer.
- Hard water can make it difficult for soaps and detergents to work effectively, resulting in bathtub rings, spots on glasses and dishes, less effective laundry washing, and less effective rinsing of soaps and shampoos.
- Similarly, water softeners combat the corrosive properties of hard water. This prevents scale deposits and mineral build-up in appliances like coffee machines, pipes, tiles, and water heaters. Without a water softener, wear and tear will shorten the lifespan of your networks and machinery – costing you more money in repairs down the road.
- A water testing kit can tell you how hard your water is. If the level of hardness is 1 grain per gallon (gpg) or more, that generally suggests some degree of hardness, but if it’s seven gpg or higher, a water softener might be needed.
Water is considered “hard” when it has a high concentration of dissolved calcium and magnesium minerals. Many people choose to install a water conditioner because hard water can cause residue build-up, plumbing issues, and unmanageable hair. The dissolved calcium and magnesium minerals in hard water can cause tea kettles, coffee pots, hot water heaters, and home plumbing pipes to become clogged with mineral buildup. Soap scum build-up in the shower and calcium deposits on fixtures and pipelines are also caused by hard water.
C&M Plumbers offers the finest water treatment system solutions for residential customers throughout Folsom CA. They will figure out how much water your family uses every day and test your home’s water to determine its hardness level. The plumbers at C&M Plumbers of Folsom CA will then advise you on the best solution, as well as where to place the water softener.
C&M Plumbers has experienced professionals who know the ins and outs of water softening methods. We’ll come to you, evaluate your needs, and let you know what your best options are for water treatment. Don’t wait – today is the day to determine if water softener repair services are right for you. Call us today for any plumbing services, drain cleaning, or water systems maintenance – 916-667-4432.
How do Water Softener Installation Services work?
- Ion exchange is the primary method for water softener systems to convert hard water into soft water.
- The water softening process starts when water enters the top of the softener tank and seeps through the resin beads.
- The resin beads are negatively charged, which attracts the positively charged ions found in hard water, such as calcium and magnesium. The ions bond with the beads while soft water leaves the tank for indoor use.
- Have you ever wondered, “Is my water softener working?” You can tell by the quality of your shower water or how much suds are generated when using soap or detergent. If you see hard water spots on glasses or dishes after bathing, or develop itching after going under the shower, the water softener may not be functioning correctly.
Do you need a water softener installed in your Folsom, CA home? If so, it’s important to contact a qualified, knowledgeable, and professional plumber for your project or water system. Not only will they be able to get the job done quickly and efficiently, but they can also advise you on the best type of water softener for your specific needs. C&M Plumbers provides great customer service at a competitive price.
Our wide range of experience with different units and homes means that the C&M Plumbers team can help you choose the best water softener for your situation. We’ll be more than happy to go over any questions or concerns about water softener services or any plumbing services, you may have during a consultation, which you can easily schedule by contacting us today.